- 300g butternut pumpkin, boiled.
- 220g lentil flour
- 80g almond meal
- 1 large egg
- 100ml egg whites
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- 20g sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan forced.
- Microwave/boil your pumpkin until soft.
- Using a hand-held blender or food processor, blend pumpkin and egg whites into a smoothie consistency and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk through the egg, and stir well to combine wet ingredients.
- Stir through the almond meal and lentil flour.
- Add the baking soda and apple cider vinegar and mix through until combined.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pour into a lined loaf tin
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with more salt and seeds, and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes
- Once cooked, transfer to a cooling rack. Ideally, wait a couple of hours before slicing into 20 even pieces (or 10 larger slices).
- Serve fresh, or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Note: you can freeze this loaf, and you can also toast it!
- Serves: 10 (2 x 35g slices)
- Vegan alterations: Use a flaxseed egg replacer, and use a dairy-free milk instead of egg whites.
- Macros per 2 slice serve: 121 calories, 15C/3.7F/8P
Tag me #fitbodybynikki and make sure you follow me on Instagram and facebook to get more recipes like these.