Spice up your chicken with a little bit of heat! If you don't enjoy spicy foods, reduce the heat by swapping out the Frank's Hot Sauce for a barbeque variety.
- 1000 grams chicken breast cubed
- 40 grams plain flour 1/4 cup
- 120 grams egg whites 1/2 cup
- 10 grams garlic, minced 2 tsp, FODMAP use garlic oil
- 5 grams onion powder 1 tsp, FODMAP use onion & garlic oil
- 60 ml Lakanto Maple Flavoured Syrup 1/4 cup
- 60 ml Frank's Hot Sauce or any Hot Sauce
- 2.5 grams dried chilli flakes 1/2 tsp
- 30 ml apple cider vinegar 2 tbsp
- 5 sprays cooking oil spray
- Add your chicken pieces to a large reusable bag or into a sealable container (with lid) together with the flour, sea salt, and pepper. Toss gently to evenly coat the chicken
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites
- Spray your pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Working in small batches, dip each flour-coated chicken piece into the beaten eggs then add to your preheated pan. Cook them for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and fully cooked through. Set chicken aside on a plate.
- Into that same preheated pan, spray with cooking spray again and add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add in the hot sauce, vinegar, syrup, and chilli flakes, stirring constantly for a minute or so, or just until the sauce has thickened.
- Return your chicken pieces into the skillet and toss to coat with the firecracker sauce. Serve hot with rice or cauliflower rice, garnished with sesame seeds
HOT TIP: If you want to reduce the Fire in this Firecracker chicken, replace Frank's Hot Sauce with Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce or another sauce of choice. Serve with boiled rice, cauliflower rice or steamed veggies!
Serving: 180g | Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 157mg | Fiber: 2g