This vegan chilli packs in plenty of vegetables and doesn’t fall short on the flavour front. Serve it with rice or in jacket potatoes for a filling supper or with a super salad for something lighter on carbs
- 1.5 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 sweet potato peeled and cut into medium chunks
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 2 tsp garlic crushed
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder depending on how hot you like it
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 red capsicum cut into chunks
- 800 grams canned chopped tomato
- 400 grams black beans canned, drained
- 400 grams kidney beans canned, drained
- 1 fresh lime
- 3 tbsp coriander fresh, chopped
- Meanwhile, heat the 1.5 tbsp of grapeseed oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until soft, then add in the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Add the remaining dried spices and tomato paste. Give everything a good mix and cook for 1 min more.
- Add the red capsicum, chopped tomatoes and 200ml water. Bring the chilli to a boil, then simmer for 20 mins. Tip in the beans and cook for another 10 mins before adding the sweet potato. Season with salt and pepper, top with lime and coriander. Serve with desired accompaniments.
TIP: Season to taste then serve with lime wedges, rice (if macros allow) and coriander. Will keep, in an airtight container in the freezer, for up to three months.
Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 298mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 10g